Sunday 16 August 2015

Week 4 - A Week of Colours


First Day at National Institute of Education (NIE)

13/8/15
Every Thursday is an off day for every Nafa student. Since my classmates and I are in Diploma in Art Teaching, we have to attend class at NIE every Thursay. This week was our first class at NIE and we were all amazed at how big the Institute is. I honestly thought that class at NIE was going to be boring as I predicted that we we're going to learn more of the theory side of Art. I was certainly wrong as we did both theory and practical. I was honestly very excited when it was drawing period as we had to form a circle with our easels ready on our side. It was my first time using an easel and it felt really good!

I present to you the future Primary school Art Teachers!^^

"THE ART OF TEACHING IS THE ART OF ASSISTING DISCOVERY" - Mark Van Doren

Visual Arts (WE-FIE) Journey
14/8/15
We were tasked by Mr James to explore the area, that was within a 1 kilometer radius from school. We had to find 3 objects or architecture that are or look like they are from the 18th to19th century. After that, we had to take a We-Fie(group selfie) with the objects we found and post it on Instagram. My group adventured around the area of Singapore Arts Museum.
During the journey, i couldn't help but to take photos of my group mate Gioann's outfit. I am really amazed by how much effort she put  into her everyday outfits. She wore a floral dress with a cute pastel outerwear together with pink Dr Martens boots. Completing her whole outlook, she wore a furry cat ear head-band! I mean, who wears a FURY CAT EAR HEAD-BAND TO SCHOOL!! I honestly feel that Gioann can pull off anything effortlessly! you go girl!!


Jason, on the other hand has a very unique way of expressing his personality in his clothing. I like how his casual school outfits complements his long orange dyed-hair.

Here's a quote relating to Gioann and Jason
BE YOURSELF BECAUE BEING ORIGINAL IS WORTH MORE THAN A COPY

(1st WE-FIE post)
CAPTION: 
The corridor lights at the SAM museum are inspired by 18th century oil lamps. In this modern day, we use electricity Instead of kerosene.
The lamps were designed with a raised embossed twisted swirl pattern. Reminiscent of the olden days.

(2nd WE-FIE post)
CAPTION: 
We found an antique lift in the Victoria hotel. It was inspired by 19th century lifts. Lifts in that time had metal gates which had to be opened manually.
In this century, our lifts are all mechanically controlled. This lift gave the hotel a rustic feel, as if we're brought back in time.

(3rd WE-FIE post)
CAPTION: 

This sofa was inspired by the late 18th century Victorian era. Furniture manufactured during periods such as Gothi, Tudor, Elizabethan and etc(English Rocco and Neoclassical) featured wooden frame structures.

The Victorian era also produced intricately designed photo frames that added a classical touch to the hotel's interior, contributing to the Victorian feel

Last Day of Hari Raya with the Greenies

15/8/15
Ice cream madness at Johor!
This year's Hari Raya has definitely been a memorable yet a  sad one due to my uncle's death. He is always in our prayers.

Last Hari Raya Outing with the ZOO GANG

16/78/15
Yesterday was actually the last day of Hari Raya but me and my zoo colleauges still went out for a Raya outing as it is the only day that everyone was free. I had a great time catching up with all of my zoo mates. It has been at least 2 months since i last quit my part time job at the zoo.
  
I visited one of my friend's house just a few blocks away from my house for the first time. I instantly fell in love with the interior of the house as it had a vintage concept. I really like how the house look very cafe-like. I appreciate the fact that her family keeps old furnitures from the past till now.  The ambience of the house was very relaxing as my friend played her dad's old vinyl player.

I would like to end off with

"COLOURS IN VIBRATION PEELING LIKE SILVER BELLS, PROCLAIMING HAPPINESS, PASSION & LOVE, SOUL BLOOD & DEATH" -Emile node


















No comments:

Post a Comment